Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Italian Lentil Soup

I'm sharing this recipe for Italian Lentil Soup with you because it is wonderful (and cheap), and it also utilizes frozen spinach...an ingredient that I am highlighting this week.  When I made this soup last week, I added 1/2 of a smoked sausage rope and sauteed it along with the veggies.  I sort of wish that I hadn't done this, because it took over the taste, but I knew that the sausage would help to make it a hit with my husband, and it had been sitting in the back of the fridge and needed to be used.  (He joked that even though I had wanted to leave out the sausage, he thought I should leave out the lentils!)

This made a HUGE pot, and I froze a lot in individual serving sizes to bring for lunch.  The soup holds up very well to freezing, and I recommend it as a hearty on the go meal to grab!

No comments:

Post a Comment