Friday, October 7, 2011

Cloth Diapers-I

I always thought that I would be a cloth diapering person.  Even before I met my husband, and even before I was sure I wanted to HAVE children, I knew that the wastefulness of diapers was not my thing. 

But once I was pregnant, I wasn't so sure about it.  We got a brand new puppy one month before I got pregnant, and I spent months cleaning up messes, preventing messes, following her around waiting for messes... I was overwhelmed!  So I said no to cloth diapering and we loaded up on the disposable variety.  The less contact I had with poo the better!

Now I should be honest, thanks to the generosity of friends and family we haven't spent a dime on disposable diapers.  The baby is 3 months old and I've bought (maybe) two containers of wipes (only because they were super cheap).

But I see the end of our stash in sight, and I see the amount of plastic diapers filling up our plastic diaper pail bags.  So I was ready to try cloth diapering. 

Stay tuned to learn about my (very successful) cloth diapering experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment