Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cloth Diapers-IV

Paying for cloth diaper was really the last hurdle for me.  I knew that our stash of gifted diapers would run out very quickly and that I would have to start buying disposables with in a month.  Right now, we use about 8 diapers a day (at 3 months) which adds up to 240 diapers a month.  That is roughly $80 worth of disposables.

Our first 6 diapers only cost us about $30 (saved $80), because I used the last of our Target gift cards from our shower.  The next 6 cost us $75 (saved $40), because I used my stash of Amazon gift cards that I earned using swagbucks (click here to learn more/sign up---it's easy and awesome).  And the last 5 cost us $54 (saved $54), because I ordered from Zulily who had there Fuzzi Bunz diapers on sale for 1/2 off.  I spent a total of $159.00 (plus and extra $20 for the bag), which is roughly 2 months worth of disposables. 

We expect to be able to use these diapers for years with our little one, and hopefully for years with our next one!  If we have 2 kids and they each wear cloth diapers for 3 years, we would have saved about $5500!!  That is savings that I can get on board with.

No comments:

Post a Comment