Monday, October 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Well, I've been slacking on the menu plans and it shows in my budget.  I've been over my alloted funds in the grocery department for the last 2 months.  Now, part of that is that I never allowed more money after we had the baby, so buying expensive formula is taking its toll. But also, a lot is because I'm making random runs to the store for random things.  My organization went out the window and it has to stop!

For example, I would have been okay (just 35) over budget for October, except that this weekend, I spent 25 on batteries at CVS and 40 at Publix (for random things I wanted, not needed).

So I'm NOT going to the grocery store (or Sam's, or the drug store) until this weekend, unless our milk runs out, and this is what I'm going to make from the freezer/pantry to make that happen.


Monday:  Ravioli with red sauce, garlic bread
Tuesday: baked Italian chicken, Asian broccoli slaw, baked potato
Wednesday: left overs or something boring like a can of soup
Thursday:  Chicken, Black beans and rice
Friday: Black bean tostadas (need to buy 1 tomato and lettuce), leftover rice
Saturday: Baked potato soup (will need milk)
Sunday: Some big hunk of meat on sale this week (chicken, beef roast or pork roast)
             with mashed potatoes and gravy and a green veggie on sale. (will buy meat
             and veggie)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi! Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog -- I wanted to stop by and see your page, and you reminded me of the days we lived in Georgia and had a Publix right down the road.... ahhh, how I loved that grocery store! Anyway, I can't BELIEVE another person who knows and sings the Titanic song!!! We must be kindred spirits.

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete