Saturday, July 24, 2010

breakfast bacon/egg muffins

Photobucket

Well, I tried it. One of my favorite "vessels" is an English Muffin. Especially when tomatoes are in season, I go through a ton. As a kid we made mini pizzas and as an adult I love fresh tomato, maybe bacon, and cheese all melted on top.

So when I saw the suggestion for these I was very curious.

So thanks to BOGO Natures Own muffins and price locked bacon from BiLo, I was able to make 12 delicious breakfasts for $11.00.

Here is the link that gave me the idea.
http://busycooks.about.com/od/breakfastmaindishes/r/eggmuffinsandwi.htm

And this is the way I did it.

12 WW English Muffins
12 eggs, scrambled in a little Pam olive oil and a little seasoning salt
12 pieces of bacon, cooked and halved
6 slices of cheese

-All you have to do is assemble each sandwich, wrap tightly in wax paper and freeze.

Today was my first attempt at defrosting and it went pretty well, although I'll keep experimenting and find a better way. I started by using the defrost button, but then got antsy. After 2 minutes defrosting it was still cold in the middle (better than cooked to death, though) so I nuked it on high with the top off for another 45 seconds. It worked great, but next time, I'm going to try the defrost method for a little longer.  I've found if I'm patient, defrosting on lvl 5 for about 7 minutes is perfect!

One serving: 240 calories, 26.5 carbs and 3 g fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment