Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Planning my shopping trip tomorrow

Well, this summer has been tough financially. We've had plenty of money to pay the bills and buy food and everything, so don't feel too sorry for me! But, the entertainment/shopping budget is WAY down. Things are looking up for September and my pantry is stocked so no worries.

Anyway, that preface is to explain why my Publix shopping list is so light this week. I'm only shopping for two people...but we usually get more. I'll also probably run to Bi-Lo and maybe FL cause I see their ground beef is 1.50 a pound. (Be on the lookout for some freezer beef recipes coming soon?)

So far, my plan is this for Publix...

(2) Jars of Smuckers Strawberry Preserves - with 2 .25 Q's it'll be about 2.20
-I stupidly missed strawberry season in SC and didn't make any jam this year.
Considering that we ran out of canned strawberry jam last year on Christmas
Day makes it even worse. So I'm stocking up on strawberry and planning on
making some blueberry really soon before that too goes out of season! Of
course, there is still a lot of peach jam from last year (thank the Lord).

(2) Boxes of chex honey nut cereal - with 1 $1/2 Q it'll be about 2.50
-This is one way to guarantee that my husband will drink up the milk before it
goes bad!

(4) tubes of Crest Toothpaste - with 4 .50 Q's these should all be free (we'll see)
-food bank

(1) 12 roll package of Kleenex Cottonelle tp - using a .75 off Px Q and a .50 off man
Q it should bee about 4.25
-this item needs no explanation

(2) Smart Balance milks using 2 $2 off Q's making it $1

(1) whatever the Penny item is

-Total should be about $11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment