Monday, August 23, 2010

Friday Food Waste

I'm ever so inspired by The Frugal Girl to participate in her Friday food waste movement. What a neat idea to be held accountable for the food we throw away. So this week, I took a picture of the food that I tossed.

Photobucket

This week I tossed one lone tomatillo. I originally bought about 20 of them, and when I made my salsa verdi, 2 were not ripe yet. Then we used one of them to make guacamole...and this poor guy was all that was left.

I also tossed a half of jar of spaghetti sauce. It's been in there for who knows how long, and I just need to be honest with myself that I'll never use it. It's accumulated some crust on the top....

And last, I made a HUGE bowl of baba ganoush last weekend. It was delicious, but just way too much. Next time I'll half the recipe and it will be perfect.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment