Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Menu Plan Monday Pictures, Images and Photos


Well, last week I  "sort of" stuck to my meal plan.  I was able to feed our family for a week with minimal grocery shopping trips though.  I bought mainly veggies and spent around $20...not bad! 

I'm going to try the same sort of thing this week.  We have a lot of food in the freezer and pantry, so it shouldn't be too hard. 

Monday: Zucchini Pancakes, grilled chicken, cottage cheese, broccoli slaw
              (The chicken is from the freezer, cottage cheese (with chives) and slaw are
               leftover, so only the zucchini needs attention!

Tuesday: Pork chops with mushroom soup, mashed potatoes, broccoli
               The pork is from the freezer, I've got potatoes, broccoli and soup, so this
               meal is "free"

Wednesday: I'll work this evening so we'll graze or do leftovers

Thursday: shrimp and cheese grits, salad
               I'll need the shrimp and bacon and salad fixings

Friday: fake rumaki, stuffed mushrooms, homemade crustini with cheese spread
           Marinate chicken pieces and wrap with a water chestnut in bacon, secure with a
           toothpick.  Cover with BBQ sauce and flip occasionally in 350 degree oven,    
           about an hour. For this meal, I'll need water chestnuts & mushrooms
          
Saturday: Italian Flank Steak Pinwheels, whatever sides we have lying around!    
              This will be a new recipe for me.  I'll need to buy the steak, asiago cheese,  
              and spinach, so I may bump this recipe if I can't get a good deal on at least  
              one of these ingredients!

Sunday: go out or leftovers



To buy:  1 lb flank steak
              6 oz asiago
              fresh spinach
              1/2 lb shrimp
              bacon
              can of water chestnuts, whole
              large stuffing mushrooms
              salad stuff
              *milk, bread, cheese slices, lunch meat, fruit,
              *I'll also have to replenish the chicken breasts in the freezer if there's a deal






No comments:

Post a Comment