Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pork Chops and Pineapple Salsa

This has become one of our favorite meals this summer.  It is EASY and delicious.

Start with some nice pork chops, salt and pepper them and throw them on the grill.  About halfway through is the perfect time to put any other veggies on the grill to serve as a side, we like asparagus with this meal.



Pineapple Salsa:
1/2 of a fresh pineapple, diced into very small squares
1/8 of an onion, diced small (more or less depending on your tastes)
1/3 jalapeno (more or less depending on your tastes)
3 T fresh parsley, diced
a splash of olive oil
a few splashes of vinegar (rice wine is my fave)
1/2 t poppy seeds
salt

This salsa is really best if it's made ahead of time, even 24 hours in advance.  It's also really easy to adjust the recipe to your tastes or to what you have in the pantry.  I use parley instead of cilantro because my husband prefers it AND I have wonderful parsley growing in my garden right now.  The poppy seeds could be eliminated or replaced with another herb/seed you have in the house...you are only limited by your imagination!

I usually serve this with lemony cous-cous.  I follow the directions on the container of cous-cous as far as ratio of water to grains.  When it is finished, I add a few teaspoons of chopped parsley, salt, and lemon zest (from 1/2 to 1 whole lemon).

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment