Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Shopping



About 7 years ago, I got up at 4:00 and stood in line at Walmart.  It was 30 degrees and sleeting rain.  We waited about 1 1/2 hours and then stampeded in. I did get my TV, although I really did have to get aggressive to keep it, and then we waited in another line for over 2 hours to check out.  I also waited in line at Best Buy for over 2 hours with my sister so she could buy a cheap shower radio.  After that year, I swore that I'd never do that again...my time is more important...blah blah blah. 

This year, I am again tempted.  I'm getting up around 7:00 and heading to the Office Depot.  They will have been open for an hour, and I'm hoping they won't be too swamped.  The reason is the cheap Kodak camera.  My husband is DYING for this camera and I've been price checking all over town:  $60 is awesome deal.  I'm also in charge of buying the cordless phone with extra hand sets for my parents, and I think I'll get it today, assuming it's not too expensive.  I may also grab the CD-Rs for $6 if I see them.

Other than that, if I get a chance to prepare a Rite Aid or CVS stop, I may, but probably not.  I hope to be home in time for breakfast at 9:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment