Saturday, November 13, 2010

What's For Dinner

Photobucket

I made a pot of soup the other day that was really delicious and was made from "stuff" laying around.  I'll list my "recipe" but I don't really expect anyone to follow it exactly.  The idea is, you put in what you have and use up all the bits and pieces from your freezer/fridge/pantry! I served it with a cornbread mix I got for free at Bi-Lo (I threw in a handful of cheddar cheese and it was quite tasty).

1 large carton chicken broth
1 can tomatoes
a few carrots
one onion
a stalk of celery
handful of Lima beans from freezer

half a can of corn
bay leaf
pinch of thyme
1 t salt
1 t McCormick Montreal seasoning (it needed something when it was done)

-Cook all these ingredients together 30-45 minutes, then add

1 can navy beans
12 meatballs from the freezer
handful of WW egg noodles

-simmer another 20 minutes

I could eat soup everyday, and the great thing is that it's pretty healthy if you make it right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment