Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Saved 34% at Bi-Lo

Although I did pay full price for a lot of stuff, I feel like I had a great trip today.  I'm at $250 total for the month, and really only need about $30 worth of "stuff", mostly produce, to finish the month off.  This seems incredible to me that I can get through November spending under $300 for groceries, in fact I spent more last month and there was no big holiday or house guests.  I guess that speaks for planning, couponing, and working the sales!


My biggest "non-coupon" spending went to ingredients for the spiced tea (see Sunday's post) and the walnuts.



So anyway, to my big Bi-Lo trip.

2 2-Liters Pepsi
1 2-Liter diet cherry 7-UP
1 2-Liter Root Beer
1 Peprich Farm stuffing cubes
4 lb bag Dixie Crystal sugar (used $.50/1-paid $1)
2 Kraft Miracle Whip (used 2 $1/1 Face book Qs)
2 Dole Mandarin Oranges (used $.50/2 All You Q)
1 Lipton Instant Decaf Tea
1 6 Qt Tang
2 Nestle Coco Mix (Bogo)
3 bags walnuts
Bread (Bogo)
2 store brand potato chips
2 store brand saltine crackers
2 sparkle big rolls of paper towels (used $1/2)
1 Bounty Napkins (forgot my darn Q but got anyway)
2 Smart Balance Milks (used 2 $2/1)
1 gallon milk (used $1 off wyb Sara Lee Bread peelie)
2 LOL real butter (used $1/2)
1 store brand large sour cream
18 count eggs
1 lb chicken livers
1 head romaine lettuce
1 bag cranberries
1 Bartlett pear
4 bananas

Subtotal:  $98.21
Total: $65.15

I'm going with a savings of 34% which is close, but I'm too lazy to do the math!

No comments:

Post a Comment