Sunday, November 7, 2010

The blackberry cordial is finally ready!

Photobucket

Finally, after weeks of waiting my blackberry cordial is finished! I made it in late August and it had to sit for 6 weeks (I turned it once a week).  I broke it open mid October and it was worth the wait. 


Photobucket




I drained and strained the mixture to get out all the blackberries and seeds.

Photobucket  My husband insisted on saving the blackberries, although I was ready to toss them.  I figured we had used all the "blackberry goodness", he figured we had blackberries that had soaked in vodka and they would be delicious.  I declined to try them, but the guys ate a few.  If they're still in the freezer in a few months, I'm tossing though!

The cordial was very sweet, and pretty strong.  It really did have a strong blackberry flavor to it, too. I enjoyed 2 glasses and then had to drink some water!  I'm planning on trying a shot in some iced tea to see what that tastes like. 

My verdict is...go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment