Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Food Waste

I've been inspired by The Frugal Girl to participate in her Friday food waste movement. What a neat idea to be held accountable for the food we throw away. So this week, I kept track of the food that I tossed.

Hardly any waste this week...I'm proud of myself.  I would take a picture of the 3 button mushrooms that were sliming up a zip loc, but my husband has the camera at the beach.  Not to bad, though!

I do have a fridge FULL of veggies, so I'll have to make sure it all gets used or else next week will look bad, and I'll be mad at myself.  I already made some butternut squash (plus carrots, celery, onion) soup and used up the rest of the cream to make it VERY decadent.  And I've got veggie/meatball soup on the agenda as well, so we should be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I am drooling over your veggie/meatball soup. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete