Saturday, November 20, 2010

Getting the House Ready

Well, I'm thrilled to have some company for Thanksgiving this year.  We live so far away from most of our family that we are often alone or have to do the travelling.  This year we'll have my parents, my grandma, and my husband's cousin.

So last weekend, I organized every cupboard, drawer, and closet.  I also sorted the pantry and my "gift wrapping station" (really just a dresser in a spare room).

This weekend, we did even more.  I LOVE my husband.  He drug out the ladder and vacuumed the beams in our 24 ft tall living room and then did the ceiling fan.  This hasn't been done since we moved in 2 years ago because I've always been afraid to do it myself.  He actually decided today was the day.  Then he did every ceiling fan in the house (there are 7).

What a guy!  Now I just have the regular stuff to do: Vacuum, dust, dishes...that sort of thing.  I can handle that on Monday or Tuesday.  And of course the cooking, I'm all over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment