Wednesday, September 1, 2010

$24.47 spent/$52.63 saved

So I made a "quick" run out to Bi-Lo and Publix this morning to pick up a few deals I couldn't pass up.

First, I spent $1.05 at Bi-Lo/saved $8.92 and bought 4 6.4oz tubes of Crest Toothpaste.

This is a great deal that I couldn't pass up even though we have enough toothpaste in the house to last at least 6 months. I've started a box in the spare room to put things that my church can use in the Shoebox for Kids Program we do at Christmas.

Then, I went to Publix. I spent $23.42 and saved $43.71.

I got 1 lb okra, 1 small bag baby carrots, 6 Yo-Plus yogurts, 1 Tampax Pearl (18 ct), 1 Milk Bone dog treat, 1 gallon milk, 2 pears, 5 bananas, .5 lb green beans, 3 2lb bags rice, 10 boxes noodles, 2/3 lb shrimp, 2 boxes Aunt Jemimah pancake mix, and 1 small Velveeta Cheese.

Since I'm also giving a box of food to the Carpenter's Table (a local food bank) with all the pasta, 2 of the rices, and all the pancake mix...I think I did pretty good.

I actually gave $31.39 worth of food/toothpaste away, and got $45.71 worth of food for my family. All for about $25.00.

You can't beat that!

1 comment:

  1. Those numbers are great! Awesome job on the savings!

    How much did you save this week? Share your weekly savings at the Wekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free, and check out how you could become next week’s featured Top Frugalistas.

    If you are looking for great giveaways or a place to link up your own, I would also like to invite you to come check out the Fantastic Friday Giveaway Linky

    ReplyDelete