Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

I'm trying to spend as little as possible at the grocery store this week.  I've got about $3 left in the grocery fund to last through the end of the month, becasue I sacrificed $100 to get some new bushes and grass seed, and my husband went crazy with the debit card at the bar ($35 gone in a flash). So you'll notice that I've made a shopping list of the things I'll actually have to buy for this menu. Everything else is from the panty/freezer.

Monday: Gorden's fish fillets, garlic mashed potatoes, cole slaw
Tuesday:  beef/lentil soup with garlic knots
Wednesday: leftovers from yesterday
Thursday:  Creamy scallop pasta with a veggie and garlic knots if there's any left
Friday:  BLTs,  pasta salad, any veggie that needs to be eaten
Saturday: sun-dried tomato basil burgers, fried potatoes, veggie
Sunday:  leftovers or go out






Shopping List: bacon,  tomato, cucumber,   maybe lettuce, maybe some broccoli or asparagus to go with the pasta thursday.

Not too bad, should be under $10 easily! Thank goodness October will be here in a matter of days.  Then I can start the budget over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment