Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tomato Jam

Well, I tried making tomato jam for the first time this year.  I made plenty of marinara, too, but wanted something a little more special to give as gifts to people this Christmas. 

Photobucket

What you see here is the 5 jars I saved out for gift giving, I also made a year's supply for our house!  This jam makes and INCREDIBLE condiment for burgers.  I've been making a lot of bacon/blue cheese burgers, and this is a perfect topper.  Also, it is tasty with cream cheese as a cracker topper (you could get fancy with this combo for a dinner party).

I used the recipe out of Preserving the Harvest, and thought it was wonderful!  Next on my list is the liver pate that is in the freezer chapter of the book.  I love liver pate, but I can't really eat a whole recipe myself, so  pate that is designed to be frozen is perfect, because I can have lots of smaller batches in the freezer.  I'm waiting until closer to the holidays before I tackle this one, though! 

Photobucket

Here's a pic of the finished product, all "wrapped up" and ready for gift giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment