Friday, September 3, 2010

Freezer cooking session

I did my first "freezer cooking session" about 5 weeks ago. Keep in mind that it's just my husband and me. We don't eat a full meal together every day. Wednesday's I'm working until nine, and Thursday's I'm working until seven, so I pack my own lunch those day's and DH is on his own. I hope and pray that he'll eat leftovers, but at least half of the time he either goes to the bar with a friend or eats fast food. Frankly, that's okay with me. He works hard and deserves to do whatever he wants to.

So our schedule looks like this:

Monday: I teach until about 5:00 and then cook a quick dinner (we like to eat early)
Tuesday: I have the day off so I like to cook something "fancy"
Wednesday: I pack a dinner and DH does leftovers or take out
Thursday: same as yesterday
Friday: We either go out to happy hour and buy dinner or I'll cook something at home and then we'll go out to meet friends
Saturday and Sunday: weekends are whatever...the more cash we have available the more likely we are to eat out...we often eat one or two main meals and then pick over the leftovers and assorted items in the fridge.

So anyway...I've got freezer cooking day number two planned and here it is.

I'm going to make:

Thai Chicken Wraps (I'll post my super easy/super awesome recipe soon)
Swiss Steak
Blue Cheese burgers
Tomato basil burgers
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken

If you haven't checked out onceamonthmom.com...do it. She posts a full month of menus and recipes. Everything looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment