Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Anniversary Eats

Photobucket

Well, tomorrow is our Fourth Anniversary.  We have developed a tradition of going to a Thai restaurant every year, because our first day in town (4 days after our wedding) this was the first thing we did.  But this year, I'm working until 7:00 and this is a little late for us to go out on a week night because Charles gets up so early.  So we'll go to The Lime Leaf Friday, and we're going to stay in Thursday. 

The 4th year is traditionally the year to give "fruits and vegetables".  Since we don't really get presents (at first we were too poor, now I'm too cheap) I decided to make an appetiser dinner with fruits and veggies as the center. I had originally planned something else, but decided to try some new recipes to make it a little more exciting.  All recipes need to be of the "make ahead" variety as well, which limits things. 

Here's what I came up with:                               

Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips (I'll buy the cinnamon chips)
Photobucket

Avocado Feta Salsa (Served on maybe bagel chips or crustini)

Photobucket

Ham roll ups (we need protein and I've got a ton of cream cheese)

I'll also put out a relish tray and some sort of nut mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment