Saturday, October 23, 2010

Apple Dip

I'm sure this recipe has been around forever, but if you don't know about it...you need to try it!  Easy, Yummy, Cheap: my kind of recipe. I've got a drawer full of cream cheese thanks to the Kraft coupon a few weeks ago, so this recipe was basically free for me to make.

Photobucket

Apple Dip

1 bar Cream Cheese-softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 cup chopped peanuts (optional) this is also good with toffee chips instead of nuts or plain with no "add-ins"

Mix everything together and let set in the fridge for a few hours for the sugar to disolve.  Serve with chopped up apples...awesome!!! This tastes like creamy caramel dip.

2 comments:

  1. I am having friends over tomorrow and needed more food to serve. I have a crisper full of apples. I was going to make an apple crisp but I think I will make this, as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never heard of this apple dip. Sounds sooooo good. I too have a drawer full of apples, will make tomorrow for sure!

    ReplyDelete