Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ingles Shopping Trip

I don't go to Ingles very often.  I usually find  their coupon policy annoying, and I especially hate it during triple coupons days.  I always have some problem or headache that occurs.  But I headed there today to get a few things.  Mostly I wanted to get Krusteaz Muffin mixes and I NEEDED dog food.

I only had about $35 left in my grocery budget this month, and I went over, but for a good cause...you'll see.  I'm also stocking up for the holidays.  I have a (very long) list of non-perishables I need for the Thanksgiving Day and weekend, and I'm trying to get them as they go on sale.

3 Krusteas Muffins (used 3 $.50 Qs)
1 Diet Sierra Mist 2-Liter
2 gold Medal flours (too good of a deal to pass up)
2 Jiffy Corm bread mixes (also pretty cheap at $.44)
1 Corn chip
1 rotel tomato
1 marked down cottage cheese (the produce/dairy mark downs are my favorite thing about this store!)
1 can creamed corn
2 Yellow cake mixes
1 salad mix (marked down to $1.50, I used a $.75 Q)
4 Crescent rolls (used 2 $.40/2)
1 dry dog food (used $1 off-here's where I blew the budget, but the small $5 bags are not lasting long enough and I'm sick of running out.  So I got the $16 bad that is 4x bigger-totally worth it)
2.8 lbs ground beef
1 sausage roll (marked down to $1.79-I cooked that day and froze)

Total was $41.29

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that store, but I sure wish that they would do the triple coupon think in South Florida. We don't even have double coupons (except for Kmart once in a while, but they don't count, because they make your shopping trip feel like hell:)).

    I would like to invite you to share your weekly savings at theWeekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free, and connect with other frugalistas . Become the Top Frugalista of the week, and a free ad space for a week. I’m giving away 5 x $25 ALDI gift cards too, so come win to stretch your money even more.

    ReplyDelete