Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Food Waste

I've been inspired by The Frugal Girl to participate in her Friday food waste movement. What a neat idea to be held accountable for the food we throw away. So this week, I kept track of the food that I tossed.

Photobucket

This first picture happened Monday.  I decided to eat a pretzel and cheese snack pack that, when I looked, had expired 12/09.  It had obviously been lying around our house for a VERY long time.  I was desperate and tried it anyway, and the pretzel was horribly stale. 

I also pitched 1/3 of a can of Kraft Parmesan.  I had got it out for my husband to use on the spaghetti and he never put it away.  It sat on the counter all night, so I didn't trust it.  I did get 4 cans of grated parm for free from Bi Lo a few weeks ago, so that took out the sting.

Other than that, I pitched 2 breakfast sausage links that I thought were long gone and 3 chicken tenders that I was going to give the dog but then didn't because of her stomach "issues".  You're welcome for using the word issues and not explaining in detail the horrible things that have been happening in her box at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment