Saturday, October 9, 2010

Publix shopping trip

This is by far not the best "couponing trip" I've ever taken to Publix, but I've decided to share it anyway.  It seems like everyone is blogging about saving 90% or 75%, but for me, that's not always the case.  Last week, I had a $10 splurge item that messed up my totals, but I was very happy...and this week is the same.  We had an appetiser anniversary celebration Thursday that I did a little splurging for and I'm okay with my numbers even though they're not great.  I put the splurge items in italics so you'll see where I paid full price...I did plan the apps around items I already had, so I didn't really get that much.  Here they are...

1 package yellow corn chips
1 pk cinnamon/sugar pita chips
2 Planters peanuts
1 bunch green onions
1 Haas avocado (free with FB coupon)
1 bunch parsley
1 pk strawberries
1 red onion
2 Luigi Italian Ice's
1 Px flour
4 cans pumpkin
1 pk ham lunch meat
2 Progresso bread crumbs (used 2 $.50 off)
1 HV farmhouse dressing (used $2 Q-made it free)
4 cartons Swanson chicken broth (used 2 $.75/2)

My total was $33.72, I saved $11.77 in Q's and $14.62 in sale items.

So I got $60.11 worth of groceries for $33.72...not even 50% but I'm happy!

(So far this month I've spent $92 at the grocery/drug store/discount store.  I'll have to be careful that I don't go too overboard, I've only got $300 to spend all month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment