Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Food Waste

I've been inspired by The Frugal Girl to participate in her Friday food waste movement. What a neat idea to be held accountable for the food we throw away. So this week, I kept track of the food that I tossed.

It was a great week for us this time. The only waste this week was 1/2 of a lime (not pictured because it was thrown away by my husband).

I was unhappy with all of the stuff I tossed last week, so I went to great lengths to save everything.  I ate a very sad looking salad with sort of wilted looking lettuce and a mushy tomato.  It tasted fine, but I normally would have just tossed it...one more day and I would have had to.  I also packed a sad looking dinner last night...3 day old eggplant parm, and cauliflower in cheese sauce that was on it's last legs.  I really wanted to toss it and get take out, but I didn't!  I also made sure to serve cut up veggies at every meal so they didn't go to waste.  I find if I don't cut em up, we don't bother to eat them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment