Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Shopping at Bi-Lo

Bilo logo Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, I did make it out to Bi-Lo this weekend and did some good stocking up.  I'm starting to think ahead to the holidays and buying things I'll need as they go on sale, hence the oatmeal and brown sugar (and flour, broth, bread crumbs last week).  I don't want a major $250 grocery bill for the week of Thanksgiving, so a little towards it every week seems like the way to go. 

Here's what I got:

1 32 oz Dixie brown sugar ($.75 off Q)
1 32 oz Southern Home brown sugar (free-buy theirs/try ours)
2 4C Parmesan cheese (both were free with 2 $2 off coupons)
1 Sarah Lee bread BOGO
6 Bumble Bee tuna pouch (used 6 $.55 off which doubles making all free)
2 cans Beef broth
1 can kidney beans
2 SH old fashioned oats BOGO
Dog treats
Advil Caplets (free with Q)
2 SH margarine
2 SH eggs
1 SH whipping cream (this was BOGO, so I got a large carton for less than I was going to pay for a small carton)
1 SH milk
1 frozen Texas toast (used $.50 off Q)
1 package pork chops
2 one pound packages of ham lunch meat (used 2 $.55 off Q's)
1 Country Pride sausage roll, BOGO
1 SH perch fillets, BOGO
1 bag apples, BOGO
1 two pound bag carrots, BOGO
1 three pound bag onions, BOGO
1 carton of Whoppers, splurge

My total was $95.94 before savings and $46.96 after, so I saved 52%.

This feels pretty good considering I did get some fresh produce and meat/seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment